Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Day - First Day!

On this last day of the decade and of the year 2009 I am thinking about first days. When I was a kid the last day of school was a launching pad into the first day of summer - nothing was more exciting! By the end of the summer, the last day of summer break was just as exciting as I returned to school on the first day of a new school year.

Last days are wonderful - the last day of a really tough week or month or year - thank the Lord for last days.

First days are exhilarating - all the hope, new beginnings, new opportunities and new challenges - there is nothing like a first day!

Thanks for joining me over the last days of 2009 - I look forward to a new conversation about life in the new days of "twenty ten" - Have a joyous and exciting New Year!

Just thinking, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment