Thursday, November 19, 2009

People, Pie, and Gratitude

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and my thoughts have turned to people, pie, and gratitude.

I think of the people in my life, both present and past, who have blessed my life beyond description. In the past, Dad, Mom, family, childhood friends, teachers, coaches, even those girlfriends who dumped me (it was pretty good while it lasted) - my dear Father-in-law and Mother-in-law who thought I could do no wrong, College profs, (the ones who marked "A" on my papers, especially!) minister friends and mentors. In the present, Linda, my partner in life for 35 years, the best human being I have ever known (besides Jesus), my dear daughter, Son-in-law, my two Grand kids, my co-workers, my dear friends, and all the "balcony people" in my life who keep cheering me on. I am so rich - I am loaded with people who have shaped my life in so many wonderful ways.

I am also thinking of pie. I love pie. Pumpkin, Apple, Pecan, Chocolate, Coconut Cream, Lemon Meringue, Key Lime - and more. With each pie I have a memory of people that made great pies and made my life better by sharing. Thanksgiving was the week of pies and they are on my brain.

I am also so grateful. Gratitude is the greatest way I know to transform a bad day into a good one. I know it sounds simple but counting my blessings can reshape the worst day into something remarkable.

People, pies, and gratitude - have a joyous Thanksgiving!

Just thinking, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment